Button CopyPathCircle CloseCircle Left ArrowArrow Down Icon GreyClosecirclecircleBurger
Price Range
Price Range
Beds & BATHS
Buy or rent
Buy Rent
Time Frame

Overbrook - McArthur, Ottawa, Ontario Real Estate and Homes for Sale

Small apartment buildings are the predominant housing type, representing roughly one third of dwellings in Overbrook - McArthur, while large apartment buildings, single detached homes, and townhouses make up most of the remaining housing stock. This neighbourhood is primarily composed of two bedroom and three bedroom homes. About 60% of the population of this neighbourhood rent their home while owners make up the remainder. Roughly 40% of homes in this part of the city were constructed pre-1960, while most of the remaining buildings were constructed in the 1960s and the 1980s.  Read more about Overbrook - McArthur real estate

59 Homes For Sale in Overbrook - Mcarthur



Overbrook - McArthur will appeal to homeowners that appreciate several methods of transportation. The public transit service in Overbrook - McArthur is very good. For example, house owners benefit from St-Laurent O-Train West / Ouest and St-Laurent O-Train East / Est on the 1 |. The neighbourhood is connected by approximately 10 bus lines, and bus stops are usually nearby. Active property owners will also enjoy the walk-friendly character of this part of Ottawa; many daily errands can be run without the use of a vehicle, and a fair number of businesses of different types can be found as well. Overbrook - McArthur is quite suited for cycling as this area features a very good bicycling infrastructure.


It is very often feasible for property owners in this part of Ottawa to buy general and specialty groceries on foot. Moreover, there are a fair number of opportunities for those who value nearby restaurants and cafes. As far as education is concerned, in Overbrook - McArthur, families will usually be able to reach daycares and schools by walking.


The character of Overbrook - McArthur is exemplified by its slower-paced ambience. It is easy to access green spaces from the majority of locations in the neighbourhood since there are a few of them close by for residents to visit. This part of the city is also reasonably good for those who like a quiet atmosphere, as there isn't a lot of street noise or city clamour - although there are still several louder sections, especially closer to Highway 417.